The Importance of Preparing Your Sprinkler System Before Winter
Every exterior lawn sprinkler system needs to be winterized at the end of the season. The process will help to assure that the coming winter and freezing temperatures do not damage your sprinkler system's components and piping. This service needs to be performed by not only a trained irrigation technician but it requires the correct use of specialized equipment. All of the people on the Hydro-Tech team are trained in the proper procedures to winterize any size underground lawn sprinkler or drip irrigation system. The equipment used is specifically regulated to deliver the precise amount of compressed air (based on manufacturer specifications) that will correctly remove the residual water in all of the systems' main lines, lateral lines, manifold and solenoid valves. When properly performed the sprinkler heads, solenoid valves and piping will not be compromised by excess pressure or friction by an improperly regulated air compressor.
If not performed properly, damage can result to the system and is evident the following season when the system is started up again. That is why it is very important to avoid those other guys with their seasonally advertised “SPECIAL” for this service. It will cost you more money to repair the damage done by a DIY guy or handyman who is not fully licensed, insured, trained and equipped.
When performed correctly your lawn sprinkler system will be ready to handle whatever mother nature throws at it over the winter season.
Mid-October thru mid-December (temperature permitting) is the optimal time window to winterize your irrigation system. Don't wait till the chill hits the air to schedule an appointment for winterization.
Winterization Services Include:
1. A uniformed Hydro-Tech technician in a trademarked white service vehicle will arrive at your home within the time window of your scheduled appointment. They will have the proper equipment and knowledge to perform the correct procedures to winterize your home's irrigation system.
2.你的草坪洒水喷头的主要水源service or well supply will be shut down or disconnected.
3. Any removable backflow device will be disconnected and given to the homeowner for proper winter storage.
4. A specially regulated air compressor will be attached to your system and the system will be charged with the proper amount of forced air.
5. Hydro-Tech's technician will work through each individual zone forcing out the residual water in the main lines and lateral lines.
6. Any irrigation only booster pumps, well lines or filters will be drained and the electrical sources will shut down or disconnected.
7. Upon completion of this service, your irrigation water supply will be shut down for the season and the controller will be placed in the off position.